Ascension Sacred Heart Gulf, in collaboration with the Florida Department of Health, is offering walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations at the Centennial Building, 300 Allen Memorial Way, Port St Joe, on Friday, March 26, from noon to 3 p.m. EST.
Vaccine will be available to local residents who are in the following priority groups:
● Florida residents 50 and older
● Long-term care facility residents and staff
● Health care personnel with direct patient contact;
● K-12 school employees 50 years of age and older;
● Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older; and
● Firefighters 50 years of age and older.
● 18 and older who are at increased risk or extremely vulnerable to severe illness from the virus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
For a list of CDC high-risk conditions, visit the CDC website at:
If you are in a high-risk category, please provide a clinician’s note or prescription when you come to get a vaccine shot. If you have any questions, please call 850-229-5603.
This article originally appeared on The Star: Walk in and get vaccinated Friday